Who we are.
equipal brings businesses together with equipment vendors and institutional funders in a single digital marketplace.
Seeking to address the issues facing SMEs in accessing asset finance and managing their ongoing equipment lifecycle, equipal brings innovation to an equipment market burdened by complex, legacy processes and redundant technologies.
A diverse team with experience across credit risk, financial markets and asset financing, we are passionate about the ability of technology to support the SME market and its contribution to the economy.
What makes us different
A three sided marketplace with a pioneering finance service.
After submitting a finance request in just 90 seconds, all finance offers are received in the platform. View and sign documents digitally, before managing all of your documentation online using our portal.
The equipal platform has been engineered from the ground up to specifically address the requirements of SMEs and equipment vendors. Our technology is constantly developing to meet customer needs and ensure an enhanced digital experience.
Our core values are...
Meet the team
Founder and CEO
Nine years of investment banking focused on asset-backed finance. Traded ABS, arranged funding for portfolios of SME credit and structured funding for lease portfolios.
Has a degree in Economics and Finance from University College Dublin and has passed CFA Level 2.
Full stack engineering background and over 12 years professional experience in commercial software development and infrastructure management.
Executed on projects while managing multi-functional teams at EE, Zoopla Property Group and Accenture. BSc in Computer Science (Durham).
Arsen has almost 8 years experience as a back-end developer. He has domain expertise in building, integrating and servicing high performance APIs for marketplaces and financial services.
Prior to equipal, Arsen worked for fintechs, PayScanner and Blu Loyalty. Arsen holds a masters degree in Economics and Statistics.
Twenty years plus experience in SME credit modelling and risk analytics with both large incumbent institutions and challenger banks.
Significant leasing experience gained during the delivery of multiple key projects for LeasePlan UK.
As CFO of GE Capital Industrial Finance Europe, Pierre led the creation of captive finance across Europe for the healthcare equipment business.
Pierre holds a Master in International Business Management from EM Strasbourg and an Executive MBA from HEC Paris.
Dr Manish Patel
Dr Patel is CTO and Co-founder of two successful fintech business, Epicuri and Digital Algorithmic Solutions.
Dr Patel previously worked at investment banks such as Lehman brothers and Barclays Capital where he managed application development.
We support you
- How long will it take for me to secure finance on your platform?
- Typically less than three business hours are required to source a financing offer from our funders. On rare occasions this may not happen and our team will work hard to ensure you are presented with an alternative solution.
- Why should I use asset finance over a normal loan?
- Two reasons: Firstly, asset finance typically affords the borrower better terms than an unsecured loan because the funding is lower risk. Secondly, asset finance, particulary leasing, helps to keep your credit lines 'clear'. Your primary bank will often not consider the lease as 'overhanging' debt.
- How do I receive the funds?
- For your convenience and security and to ensure speedy delivery of your new equipment, the funds are sent directly to the account of the equipment supplier. You will be kept up to date every step of the way.
- What are the advantages for an Equipment Supplier in using the equipal platform?
- Equipment Suppliers benefit from faster, more diverse sources of asset finance for the customers. This helps ensure an easier sale and that the customer will be able to acquire the best equipment possible.
- Are we party on the agreement?
- We consider equipment suppliers partners and we work closely with them having developed our platform with their feedback in mind. Nonetheless we are not offering vendor finance and the obligor is always the business taking on the asset finance. While equipment suppliers must accept our terms and conditions they are not part of the financing agreement.
- Is there any cost to using the equipal platform?
- No there is no cost for the equipment supplier. By using the technology there are in fact, efficiency and time savings to be achieved. Furthermore we plan to offer our partner equipment suppliers data and analysis.
- Must we commit to exclusively using the equipal platform?
- No. While we expect the equipment suppliers to become increasingly comfortable with our range of funders and powerful technology we understand that equipment suppliers may wish to have alternative partnerships in place.
- Is equipal approved by the FCA?
- No. equipal is a technology platform that empowers businesses to source funding on heavy equipment and machinery. We do of course adhere to UK law and offer the highest level of transparency to our users. All our documents are presented in plain English.
- How is our data protected on the equipal Platform?
- equipal have invested considerable time and money ensuring the best possible protection for your data is in place. We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office (ZA 284955), have a data policy in place and ensure strict segregation of personal data.
- Can I source operating leases or short-term rentals on the platform?
- No. Funders on our platform exclusively offer Finance Leases (minimium two years), Hire Purchase Agreements and loans secured on the equipment and machinery.
We appreciate your custom and its important that you are satisfied with the service you receive from our platform.
All complaints are handled with care and will be reviewed by the CEO.
Should you have any cause for complaint, please contact us in the first instance by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), phone (07947 540798) or in writing to equipal, Clifton House, 46 Clifton Terrace, London, N4 3JP, UK. You will receive a full response within 5 working days.
Should you remain dissatisfied we have an arbitration procedure in place that we can suggest.